His cool cargo shorts hold diapers and rattles and he washes hands more than he ever did before holding his little one and his heart is always open for his children even when they are grownups. He shows us to climb up on the roof, fix broken things, use tools and design life. A dad is our pillar of strength, and the scriptures say dads never give up on their kids, as in the story of the Prodigal son,(Luke 15:20-24) where the father never gave up hope and was ready to receive his child back with open arms. They can discipline their children and be tough on them when it is needed but they must never give up on them.
Lately, I asked my readers to share the best and most cherished advice their dads gave them and I got some real positive messages which I would love to share with you all. Don’t forget to share your own in the comments section at the bottom!
The 10 best advice dads give –
- Go out, have fun, but always come back home to sleep.
- You are my little champ, always keep moving forward in the same way.
- Always stand up for yourself, don’t take nothing from nobody.
- Don’t take any wooden nickels. Don’t settle for less than you’re worth.
- Take care of the pence, the pounds will take care of themselves.
- Take things one at a time.
- Be positive and have a big and generous heart.
- Don’t react too fast, you might just end up laughing about it tomorrow, so be patient.
- Give your best. Don’t ever stop.
- If you can read, you can do almost anything.
It’s your turn now, see you in the comments or you could write to me at email@example.com.