In 1997, Arvind Kajaria and his brother Sharad co-founded 123Greetings.com, the #1 free ecards web site in the world. It is the largest ecard web site on the Internet today, with over 20,000 proprietary ecards celebrating more than 3,000 everyday, special occasions & events. Their mission is to connect people. Their vision is to bridge gaps and distances using the latest technology. The company started with ecards and is now expanding into social networks. They like to say that 123Greetings is a tool for human expression, backed by state-of-the-art technology services.
“Back in 1997, when we started 123Greetings, there was no MySpace or Facebook,â€ said Arvind Kajaria. â€œAmericans were becoming more and more isolated from their friends and family. There was a need for human connection — a bridge. We wanted 123Greetings to be that bridge. We operate 24/7 and we’re free. Even in the context of Web 2.0 and social networks, folks still use 123Greetings to express themselves. We deliver human expressions using cutting edge technology. We’re the bridge that people use to connect to each other.”
Meeting that demand for connectedness, Editor Bob publishes a weekly newsletter that details interesting stories about Editor Bob’s life and chronicles his misadventures with friends and family. He focuses on human interaction and emotions, and tries to inspire others to appreciate the little things in life. All this good work shows – more than 40 million people around the world subscribe to his weekly newsletter. Stories include his hilarious attempts at dating, getting by in the big city, meeting new people who inspire him to be a better person, as well as writing about ways he tries to give back to those less fortunate. He writes about his wacky co-workers, his quirky friends, and issues important to everyone today. Sometimes he makes you laugh, at other times, you may shed a tear, but throughout, sharing a little slice of Bob’s life makes you appreciate just how fine those little kindnesses are when they happen to you, too. To subscribe to Editor Bob’s Newsletter, click here.
123Greetings Fact Sheet:
- 123Greetings was one of the world’s Top Ten fastest gaining websites in December 2006 and December, 2007. (Comscore Media Metrix)
- 123Greetings ranked in the â€œMovers & Shakersâ€ list of Alexa.com in December 2006 and on Valentine’s Day, 2008.
- 123Greetings.com was ranked the 71st largest website on Valentine’s Day, 2006 by Alexa.
- 123Greetings will host more than 250 million unique users this year.
- More than 115 million cards were sent from 123Greetings.com in 2006.
- People in more than 190 countries used 123Greetings.com to meet their online expressional needs in 2007.