A man approached a saint and poured out his troubles to him. His life was full of suffering and he could not take it any more. He added, “I have so many problems. I will give you anything you want, please tell me a place where I can go and find peace. Where there will be no problem.”
The saint assured the worried man, “Yes, I do know of a place where there are ten thousand people who do not have any problem at all.” He directed the man to the cemetery.
Problems are thrown at us so that we can grow, so that we can evolve.
Here are 5 practical hints to face the challenges of life with a brave face:-
- Grow in the constant awareness of the presence of Universal intelligence or the divine entity. No problem will be able to lay you low.
- Look in the mirror and say, ” I know a grand plan is working towards my betterment and for my happiness.” Upon getting up in the morning, before leaving the bed repeat it 10 times. Again, before going to bed repeat it 10 times to embed the belief in your subconscious mind.
- Never miss out on your daily appointment with yourself. We live in a noisy world. We must learn to withdraw from the world, preferably at the same time, same place everyday. Be in silence, meditate and contemplate.
- Ask a question to yourself and let the answer emerge from within. You will notice how your inner wisdom will guide you better than your external council of advisers. As Socrates said, “The unexamined life is not worth living.”
- Adopt a correct attitude. Deal with every problem in a positive, constructive and friendly way. Attitude moulds character and character moulds your life. Develop a healthy sense of humour. Learn to laugh with others and not at others. It helps in child-like acceptance and surrender. It helps you bend without breaking.
It’s Halloween Week ! Have fun and befriend everyone who comes along. Stop being in the victim consciousness and believe upon yourself.
Rejoice and rejuvenate on this festive season.