What keeps you going year on year? Life is same and predictable like the hanging wall tapestry is woven with threads of the same colors with measured twists and turns, blended into a uniform pattern. What’s new here? What do we look forward to?
I often feel a gloom come over me until I weave into my life’s artwork a new colorful thread of my wishes and dreams, which gives it a newness and me a reason to go on.
This holiday season I am making a bucket list for me and my folks, join me!
- Say yes to life by learning to say no to unnecessary distractions on the way. We often become people-pleaser and let them distort our plans, this holiday season I will not become a yes-man to anyone.
- Take it easy. I owe it to myself to take things in my stride and not take everything too seriously.
- Send Blessings on Advent.
- Indulge in random acts of kindness like paying for coffee for a stranger, serving at the senior care home, donate toys in the orphanage, smile at strangers and so on. Love given unconditionally is the only pure experience of love.
- Send happy notes and hugs to my loved ones.
- Bake cookies for the neighbors and colleagues.
- Plan to become secret Santa to someone in need.
- Kiss under the mistletoe.
- Jot down a shopping list for Xmas.
- Reach out to a faraway friend with a joyful season’s greetings.
- Serve at the animal shelter.
- Read a new book.
- Write my journal in PJs all day sipping hot chocolate. Hot Chocolate is like a hug from the inside.
- Create a happening playlist for Christmas.
- Plan for an adventure travel in the coming year with folks.
- Clip all jokes and funny anecdotes to share with friends.
- Take care of myself.
- Go for winter walks.
- Watch the sunset.
- Thank people in my life graciously.
- Love Aaliyah more each day.
My list is endless. Share yours. See you in the comments. They mean a lot to me, keep them coming.