What is the essence of this life? What is it that we are constantly seeking? I often wonder and get stuck in the labyrinth of life with its twisted pathways. Who has the answer, philosophy, science or metascience?
I can’t really say that but I am a feeling person and I sense the world with what I can feel within. I give impetus to how I can make others feel as well. It matters to know that the best things in life are often beyond matter and are made up more of emotions.
I love charting lists, be it the bucket list or the grocery list. Aaliyah often laughs at my checklists, she is a random-go-getter while I like to have a blueprint of my life but it is not just sufficient to have a perfect manifesto of life, we must also know how to live it.
As I sat with my journal in the backyard of my home, cuddling with my cat, I jotted down a list of all the best things in our lives which come freely and easily to us but can make a huge difference in the quality of our everyday life.
- Cuddles and hugs go a long way in filling our hearts with love and assurance. It is a perfect expression that can ease away your stress in an instant. Hugs produce oxytocin in our body. Oxytocin is the feel-good hormone which lowers the heart rate and the cortisol level in our body. Cortisol is the stress hormone. So what are you waiting for? Remember to hug someone today.
- Good friendship and having a heart to heart conversation with friends can lift your spirit and is definitely one of the best things of life. Pick up the phone and greet someone today.
- Animals fill you with unconditional affection. It is great to have them around, they bring in tons of positivity in life.
- Family and folks no matter whether they are harsh or mild, are our soul connect and we should always keep them close.
- A special someone to love you. It is good to give out love, but it is gratifying when it is returned. When you can smile at the mention of a name, that feeling is one of the best things in life.
- Being kind and empathetic is the best human virtue which needs to be nurtured with the number of good deeds that we gather along the way.
- Being able to give time to our health and way of living. Being aware of what is best for us is a gift.
- Reading some classic books that can enhance our personality and our life is very precious. It is like keeping the company of some of the finest minds in the world.
- Good sleep is another of my favorite things in the list of gifts bestowed upon us by the Lord.
- Faith in your heart is a treasure. Life is easy for a believer and challenging for a non-believer. Keep the torch of faith kindled in your heart and live well.
I am grateful as my list grows constantly. I would love to know what are the best things in your life.
See you in the comments.